I am excited to share that I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Amber’s Supernatural and YA Book Reviews. Aside from her name being AWESOME, I’d like to thank Amber for the nomination!!! The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers and Liebster is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. How great is that?
And now for the rules:
1. Each person must post 11 facts about themselves
2. Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and 11 questions for the people you tag
3. Tag 11 more bloggers
4. Tell them you tagged them
5. No tag backs!
Facts about me:
- I have a Ph.D. in Biology (yep, Dr. Garr!)
- I can't whistle.
- My favorite color is blue (pretty much any shade).
- Ants are the only insect that really creeps me out - they are too fast!
- Four of my five toes are the same length - probably from too many years in pointe shoes.
- I used to look under mushrooms for Smurfs.
- My car is a stick shift.
- I dream every night - and they are usually weird ones!
- Before I got married, all three of my names were a noun (a color, a flower, and a piece of clothing). Now my last name is that of an ancient fish (with an extra “r”)
- There is a part of me that still wants to be a medical examiner…but I think I’m done with school.
- I absolutely HATE to fly.
Questions from Amber:
1. What is your favorite genre to read?
2. Do you buy a book based on its cover?
Not really, I usually look at the reviews.
3. How many books have you read this year?
I think 23-25 so far.
4. Who is your favorite author?
Richelle Mead, Kelley Armstrong, Kim Harrison, Charlaine Harris
5. What book are you currently reading?
Witch Way to Turn by Karen Y. Bynum for a blog tour.
6. If there was anything you could change on your blog, what would it be and why?
Better buttons…I can’t figure out how to get them to line up!
7. Is blogging a hobby or a career move?
A career move at first, but I like doing more with it!
8. What was your favorite story to read as a child?
Where the Wild Things Are
9. Is reading something you’ve recently picked up or has it always been with you?
I’ve always been a reader, and now I have to read everyday or I feel off.
10. If you could be any character from any book, who would you be and why?
I like Cassandra, the vampire from Kelley Armstrong’s Otherworld series. I would want to be immortal to live through history, and why not pick a female!
11. Are you a follower of Amber’s Supernatural and YA Reviews?
I am now! Thanks again for the nomination and introduction to your blog!!!
Blogs I Am Tagging:
10. The Mer Blog
11. The Reading Owl
Questions for those bloggers:
1. If you could have dinner with any character, who would it be?
2. Why did you start to blog?
3. What book are you currently reading?
4. Do you have a favorite spot to read?
5. How long have you been blogging?
6. Do you post reviews of books?
7. How many books are in your TBR pile?
8. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
9. Who is your favorite author?
10. How many hours a week do you read?
11. Do you write? What type of genre?